We are seeking a dedicated, detail-oriented, and experienced Forklift Operator to join our client's team in Kent, WA. Responsibilities will include operating a variety of machines such as saws, roll/bun & mattress compressors, molds, conveyors, laminators, extruders, roll windups, packaging, and convoluters. Must have mechanical ability to detect mechanical problems and recommend specific inspection or repair. If you have a strong aptitude for data entry, possess excellent organizational skills, and thrive in a collaborative environment, we encourage you to apply.
- Sets up and adjusts machines that convert, saw, wrap, form, and seal foam products.
- Adjusts cutting speed and feed variables and may replace work-cutting tools.
- Examines blueprints, drawings, work orders, and patterns to determine the size and shape of the item to be fabricated. Semi-skilled machine operators (i.e. saw operators) may also supervise or coordinate the work of other workers.
- High School Diploma
- Previous Forklift Experience
- Must have the ability to read and write, and understand measurements, fractions, and weight scales
- Must possess the ability to calculate, and document (if required) procedures on a daily basis. Physically able to perform moderately heavy manual labor. (This position is physically demanding consisting of heavy work exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects).
- Must be able to hold, grasp, stack, lift, carry, turn, twist, push, pull, bend, stoop, crouch, crawl, climb, stamp, cut, reach, balance, open, close, unlock, lock, drive, back, steer, shift, remove, finger, index, insert, sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time while operating machinery.
- Required to wear protective equipment
- Must be able to learn within a fast-paced environment, work with other employees in a cooperative manner, and handle repetitive job duties.
Pay Rate and Schedule:
- $18.00 /hr.
- Monday to Friday.
- 5:00 AM to 2:30 PM
Workers are subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions. Must be able to tolerate changes in the environment. Workers are subject to noise, at times sufficient to cause workers to shout in order to be heard.