Assistant Production Manager
Our client, a wholesale bakery is looking for an experienced Assistant Production Manager to become an integral part of their team in Edison, NJ. Your core responsibilities include supporting the Production Manager, overseeing daily operations, ensuring cost-effective and high-quality production, and enforcing compliance with regulatory standards and company policies.
If you are an experienced professional with a background in manufacturing, management, and a commitment to quality, we encourage you to apply.
- Assists the Production manager in their roles and responsibilities.
- Oversees daily operations and monitors production supervisors.
- Ensures cost effective, quality production of product.
- Directs subordinates in achieving compliance with all applicable quality and regulatory standards (e.g. FDA, OSHA, etc.).
- Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Ensures GMPs, SSOPs, Lock out/Tag out and MSDS procedures are strictly followed.
- Relieves Production Manager as needed.
- Promotes positive employee relations with union.
- Issues disciplinary actions and assists supervisors with write-ups.
- Prior manufacturing experience with direct management of employees.
- Associate degree or Higher, completion of formal management skills training program to include certification as required (i.e. AMA, AIB, etc.), baking or industry certifications acceptable.
- Physically capable of moving to all areas of the plant. Must be capable of reaching, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling as required in a production operation.
- Able to view product and determine adherence to quality control standards and customer needs including size, shape, color, cut, etc.
- Able to generate advanced, detailed reports via spreadsheets, memos/letters, email, etc. using a PC.
Pay and Shift:
- Different days
- 1:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- $70.000 - $75.000/year.