Our client, one of the largest provider of temporary seating, staging, structures, and scenic production for the United States events industry is looking for a Yard Supervisor near Glen Allen, VA to join their team. In this role you will supervise the yard crew to ensure all job tasks are completed accurately and efficiently.
- Assist the Inventory Manager in coordinating the shipments of inventory to and from jobs.
- Assist the Inventory Manager in requesting truck movements, requesting the movement of materials to active job locations.
- Serve as quality control for all shipments leaving the yard, making sure pallets are secured properly and can be safely transported.
- Develop a storage plan to improve the pulling of materials and loading of trucks.
- Responsible for overseeing cycle counts of materials.
- Reconcile inventory discrepancies.
- Recommend inventory adjustment to the Inventory Manager.
- Maintain a sufficient inventory of consumables and submit orders are required.
- Verify incoming and outgoing shipments through a physical inventory.
- Supervise and assist in the unloading of materials and merchandise from incoming vehicles and direct the storage of equipment.
- Supervise and assist in the pulling, packing and shipping of finished goods.
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs of all MHE and vehicles assigned to the yard.
- Communicate with managers to identify equipment in need of maintenance.
- Ensure appropriate safety measures are followed
- May occasionally help on local job-sites (building and tearing down of structures and loading of trucks)
- Be willing to travel occasionally to sites under construction in the US
- Pass background check and drug screening requirements
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English preferred
- Current Valid Drivers License
- Forklift experience and license preferred
- Experience with the loading and unloading of trucks preferred (flat-beds and/or trailers)
- Small engine repair and maintenance skills preferred but not required
- Able to repeatedly lift-up to 75lbs.
- Monday - Friday
- $26.00 to $28.00 /hour
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Staffing companies are a dime a dozen, then there's Lyneer