Our client, a multimodal transportation services and third-party logistics company is looking for a Forklift Operator near Des Plaines, IL to join their team. The forklift operator is responsible for ensuring that freight is loaded/unloaded from trailers or ocean containers and moved within the warehouse in a safe and efficient manner.
- Load and unload deliveries using forklift
- Monitor & ensure that vehicles are loaded and secured properly and accurately
- Using RF scanner to move and ship freight
- Pull and stage orders using stand up forklift
- Examine contents and compares with records, such as manifests, invoices, bills of lading and other records to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
- Prepare material for shipping ensuring freight is properly packed, labeled and staged in designated areas with relevant documentation.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, space availability, damages, or discrepancies.
- Reports damages, shortages, or non-conformance of material and/or documents to specifications.
- Route material to designated areas in the warehouse using work devices, such as hand jack, hi-lo, packaging equipment
- Ability to lift up to at least 70 pounds
- Previous warehouse / freight forwarder experience a plus
- Submit to and pass a background check
- Monday - Friday
- 12:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- 2:30 PM - 11:00 PM
- $17.50 to $18.00 /hour
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Staffing companies are a dime a dozen, then there's Lyneer