Service Desk Specialist
Do you want to work for one of the largest and most dynamic utility companies in North America? Are you looking for a company that has a diversity of ideas, thoughts, and experiences that are key to their culture and the way they do business?
The Service Desk Specialist is responsible for providing front line support, via call, chat or email, to employees and contractors, escalating malfunctions to level II or level III support when necessary.
- Documents problems and resolutions.
- Responsible for providing front line support, via call, chat or email, to all American Water Employees and contractors.
- Responsible for assisting senior personnel with ensuring that all hardware platforms, operating systems, utilities, and related tools and devices are available for successful management of production schedules and service levels.
- Provides 24x7 remote support in Operations Center.
- Handle incoming calls, chats and emails from customers.
- Create tickets in ITSM system and work with customer until completion escalating when necessary, providing basic IT functions (account issue troubleshooting, software installs, access requests, and troubleshooting hardware).
- Create badges and monitor badge system.
- Monitor security systems.
- Minimum of Associate Degree required in a computer related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a Service Desk or Operations center.
- Understanding of ITSM systems and ITIL processes. ITIL Service Management knowledge preferred.
- Understanding of Windows Operating Systems (desktop, server), as well as various mobile operating systems (iOS and Android).
- In depth user knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook.
- Strong client relations/customer service skills required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, planning, organizational, critical thinking, and risk management skills.
Pay Rate and Shift:
- Thursday - Monday
- 10:00 PM - 6:00 AM
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Staffing companies are a dime a dozen, then there's Lyneer