Do you want to work for a long-standing, US commercial bank valuing in putting their customers first? Our client offers a full range of financial services, in addition to health savings account trustee and administrative services; they believe in acting with responsibility, respect, ethical behavior, citizenship, and teamwork. They are currently looking for a Funding Accounting in Jericho, NY. to join their team.
- Ensure general ledger and DDA accounts are balanced and reconciled on a daily basis for all cost centers. Research and clear differences, discrepancies within appropriate time frame.
- Compare on daily basis the trial balance report against the appointed general ledge accounts, research and adjust any differences.
- Responsible for reconciling mortgage payments made at the branch and allocation to the servicing system.
- Complete the daily cash balancing of funds posted to the servicing system to ensure the payment clearing account and disbursement accounts are being cleared correctly
- Ensure that the Good Faith, Loans in Process and Mortgage Fee Suspense accounts are cleared on a timely basis
- Assist in the accurate wiring of funds for loan closing, advance on Lines of Credit, Construction advances and tax payments.
- Handle the processing of all cash transaction to the loan servicing system, including but on limited to payment posting and payoff posting
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures
- 5-7 years’ experience in Mortgage Accounting and/or Investor Reporting preferred
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required
- Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
- Knowledge of mortgage servicing system preferred
- Strong working knowledge of general ledger processing.
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Effective time management, organizational and prioritization skills
Pay Rate and Shift:
- Monday - Friday
- 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- $33.00 to $35.00
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Staffing companies are a dime a dozen, then there's Lyneer