Registered Pharmacy Technician
Our client, a Home Respiratory Care, Respiratory Supplies & Equipment company is looking to hire a Registered Pharmacy Technician. In this position, you would be responsible for obtaining complete and accurate documentation for prescription fulfillment and billing. Review and enter Confirmation of Orders, and medical documentation to fulfill dispensing RXs and Billing RXs for pharmacy and Medicare.
Compensation & Work Schedule: $17.00 /hr, Monday to Friday, 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM
- Communicates with customers for the purposes of answering questions and refilling medications and/or supplies. Responsible for timely and accurate preparation and processing of customer orders
- Generates accurate Confirmation of Orders to be faxed to providers for approval, communicates with providers the required documentation needed to complete an order, and performs daily follow-up with providers for required documentation
- Communicates with customers via inbound and outbound manual and/or automated calls, verifies and updates demographic information such as address and telephone number, as well as document information, and troubleshoot issues with customers accounts such as tracking packages, prescription questions
- Prepares box stock for use by operation of box taping machine or by hand taping of boxes, views customer orders in a computerized order system, and pulls and packages appropriate equipment and/or medications to fill orders.
- Affixes proper prescription and barcode labels to medication boxes, handwrite any special instructions (i.e. signature required, UPS only, etc.) on the barcode label, and forwards the filled order to the pharmacist for verification prior to shipment, stocks workstations with appropriate supplies and product/equipment
- Prepares packages for shipment using computerized shipping systems by creating and affixing accurate shipping labels, sorting the packages by the carrier, and stacking them in the appropriate area for pickup by the designated carrier.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, shipping supply area, and workstations neat and may operate forklift and/or pallet jack.
- Strong verbal and written communication, able to use both computer and phone to provide this communication, and ability to hold state Pharmacy Technician License as required in the state of jurisdiction. (When required, must be able to pass a medical clearance and fit test for personal protective equipment ("PPE")
- Graduate from an accredited high school or equivalent and a minimum of one-year clerical/office experience
- Education to meet state licensure requirements as directed by the state of jurisdiction.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Your application has been successfully submitted.