Our client is seeking for a detail-oriented Mail Sorter in Fife, WA to organize and process the incoming and outgoing mail for our company. In this role, you will be required to receive incoming mail, inspect packages, and prepare mail for distribution. You will also be required to operate the mail processing machines and manage the inventory of the mailroom. you will earn $20.00 an hour.
- Receiving incoming mail bins and sorting mail into trays for processing.
- Reviewing dates, addresses, barcodes, and other postage information for all outbound mail.
- Inspect mail for tampering, damage, and suspicious contents.
- Sorting and categorizing mail by hand and operating mail processing machines and postage meters.
- Preparing mail for distribution through correct categorization and labeling.
- Redirecting mislabeled or illegible mail for returns.
- Scanning packages for tracking and logging, and updating mail database records.
- Ensuring that the mail processing machines and equipment are maintained.
- Reporting any issues with the mail or machinery to the supervisor.
- Monitoring mailroom inventory levels and informing supervisors when supplies are low.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous mailroom experience is preferred.
- Proficiency with mail processing machines and equipment such as mail meters.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in programs such as MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Physically fit and able to stand for long periods of time, operate mail processing machinery, and lift heavy mail bins
Shift and Pay Rate:
- Sunday - Friday
- 7:00 PM OR 8:00 PM start time
- $20.00 /hr
Your application has been successfully submitted.