Our client, a leading logistics company, is looking to hire a Mail Sorter in Sumner, WA. In this role, you would be responsible for receiving incoming mail, inspecting packages, and preparing mail for distribution. You will also be required to operate the mail processing machines and manage the inventory of the mailroom.
Compensation & Work Schedule: $20.00 /hr, Sunday to Saturday, 5:00 PM to 1:00 AM
- Receiving incoming mail bins and sorting mail into trays for processing, reviewing dates, addresses, barcodes, and other postage information for all outbound mail, and inspecting mail for tampering, damage, and suspicious contents.
- Sorting and categorizing mail by hand and operating mail processing machines and postage meters, preparing mail for distribution through correct categorization and labeling, and redirecting mislabeled or illegible mail for returns.
- Scanning packages for tracking and logging, and updating mail database records, ensuring that the mail processing machines and equipment are maintained, and reporting any issues with the mail or machinery to the supervisor
- Monitoring mailroom inventory levels and informing supervisors when supplies are low.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous mailroom experience is preferred.
- Proficiency with mail processing machines and equipment such as mail meters.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in programs such as MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, manual dexterity, and good written and verbal communication skills
- Physically fit and able to stand for long periods of time, operate mail processing machinery, and lift heavy mail bins.
Your application has been successfully submitted.